Steps to Setup HP DeskJet 2600 Wireless Printer
The initial set up for HP DeskJet 2600
- Open the HP DeskJet 2600 printer box and remove the quick start guide and the application for the Instant Ink program from the box.
- Under the Instant Ink program of HP, you will get your Ink Cartridges at lower than market rates. If and when your Ink levels go below a certain point or if it gets over, HP will send over new cartridges to your registered address. Under this service you will be able to save close to 50%
- Remove the USB cable and the power cable from the box. You should then slowly remove the printer from the box. You should recycle the box. For more information about this, you should visit the website – HP.com/recycle.
- Plastic wraps around the HP DeskJet 2600, remove them. There are also blue plastic tape that protects the various input channels in the printer.
- You should take special care while removing the packaging from the inside of the printer.
Printing from your HP DeskJet 2600 is the next step in the entire process.
- Your next steps involves removing the two ink cartridges, the black and tricolor inks, from their covers. These two black and tricolor Ink cartridges will come with your printer. Carefully, open the ink cartridge access door and slot the two cartridges into their respective channels.
- You should insert the maximum number of cha The next step is to be print out a series of 5 pages and an alignment sheet which will show you if you have to set up your HP DJ 2600 printer properly.
- Scan this alignment sheet, which is the final step in the initial set up of your HP DeskJet 2600.
- Your printer will enter into an idle phase and stop working or making any noise, this is to signal that the set up for your DJ 2600 is complete.
- Run a test print for the first time after inserting papers into the input tray.
The Setup for HP DeskJet 2600 all-in-one printer wireless
- For the HP DeskJet 2600 wireless setup, you can either use the HP smart app and install it. To continue the wireless setup you can also install it directly to your computer.
- For HP DJ 2600 printers – wireless printer setup MAC’s set up, you can utilise the same steps given above.
- Before the process, you should first set your DJ 2600 printer into a setup mode. This will be the native mode your printer opens up in, if you are setting your printer up for the first time.
- If you are setting a new wireless network to your printer you should force the printer into the setup mode.
- To do this, if your printer has keys, you should hold the cancel key & the wireless key for five seconds. If your printer has an LCD screen, goto the wireless menu from here you should choose the “Restore Network Settings” option.
- Download either the HP easy start software or the HP smart app for establishing connections between your printer and your computer.
- Both these applications will detect printers which are in their set up mode and are connected to the wireless network as your computer.
- You should then download the latest drivers for your HP DeskJet 2600 from the official HP store. Driver incompatibilities are one of the biggest reasons as to why your print command might not go through.