DeskJet 2540 Ink Cartridge Replacement
Replace Ink Cartridges DeskJet 2540
It is easy to replace ink cartridges DeskJet 2540 with our step by step DIY even if you are not a pro. First thing is, you should make sure that your cartridge is fully empty before replacing it. Second, you may find that both cartridges will not get emptied at the same time. So before planning for a replacement, check the ink levels in both your cartridges by doing test prints.
For a replace Ink Cartridges DeskJet 2540, you can either buy an original cartridge from HP or from the market or probably get it refilled with some genuine third-party vendors. Whichever is the case, you can make use of the coming steps.
Steps to remove the cartridge from the printer
In order to install a new cartridge into your DeskJet 2540 printer, you will have to remove the existing one. This is how you should do it.
- First, switch on your printer and make sure it has a paper in the paper tray
- There is a cartridge access door on the front side which should then be opened
- Wait until the cartridge comes to the center after moving from the side
- Once the movement has stopped, press down and remove the cartridge that is empty
Finally, the old one is out. Now it is left to you whether you want to refill and use the same cartridge by refilling it (which is cost-effective) or buy a newer one (in most cases a little expensive).
Steps to install a cartridge into the printer
If you have risked your pocket and bought a new cartridge, then make sure you remove all protective packaging (a plastic tape with an orange tab) before installing it into your DeskJet2540. Or you will not be able to print anything with your new cartridge. Now that the cartridge is clean of all packaging, let’s have a look into the steps to put it into your printer.
- Assuming that you have the cartridge access door still open, begin to insert the cartridge
- With the copper side facing back, insert the cartridge into its specified slot with a gentle push
- The left slot is for the tri-color cartridge and the right one corresponds to the black cartridge
- You will hear a small snapping sound once the cartridge is in its right place
- Replace both the cartridges if necessary
Make sure you do not touch the copper side of the cartridge at any point of time because if you do so, you are sure to have issues such as ink failure, ink clogs or at the least some bad electrical connections. So handle it with care and handle it only by touching the sides.
If you want any support for Replace Ink Cartridges DeskJet 2540 or if you still didn’t get your cartridge in. Give a call to our team of experts at 1-855-716-3550 and they will help you out with any printer related issue. Visit https://www.123-hp-com-dj.com for more information.