HP Deskjet D5560 Driver – 123.hp.com/dj3630
HP Deskjet D5560 Driver Installation Problems
If you try installing your HP Deskjet D5560 driver you will be prompted to connect your USB cord between your printer and the computer. You may face one of the following issues after connecting the USB cable during the printer software installation
- Your computer will display either of the two messages. ‘Unknown device’ if your printer is not recognized or ‘device setup failed to complete’ if your driver was not installed properly.
- You may also face the Plug and Play installation fails to start.
There are many possible causes that can result in the above error. Few causes are listed below.
- Virus and malware could be one of the causes. Make sure you have latest virus software and that your system is free from malware and virus. If you have a virus scanner make sure you have updated it to the latest version.
- The USB used to connect to the printer and the computer may not function properly.
- During the HP Deskjet d5560 driver software installation (123.hp.com/dj3630) you will be prompted to connect the USB. In case you have connected it prior to the prompt message you might face an error.
- When you connect the USB between your printer and the computer it will automatically detect your printer and try installing the driver software with the help of the in-OS driver. An error might be displayed in case the in-OS driver is not available.
If the above errors occur, do the following
Uninstall HP Deskjet d5560 driver and software applications
When you try installing the driver software and software some applications might be partially installed on your computer. Remove any HP software that is installed on your system.
- Disconnect the USB cable that is connected to your printer and the computer.
- Click on start menu and search for a control panel. Select uninstall a program under programs of the control panel menu.
- From the list of installed programs browse for your installed HP printer. Click on it and select Uninstall and select yes to confirm it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation of the driver software.
- Restart the computer.
Reinstall HP Deskjet d5560 driver and software applications:
- Make sure your computer has a working CD/DVD drive.
- Have the installation CD of driver that came along with the printer.
- USB cable given with the accessories.
Steps to install the HP Deskjet d5560 printer driver using CD/DVD:
- Turn on your computer if it is not already on where you want to install the driver
- Don’t connect it until you are asked to connect the USB. You will be prompted to connect USB to the computer.
- Insert the CD/DVD given with the printer accessories into your computer. Double click on the setup file to execute it. It will start the installation wizard to install the printer driver. Follow the onscreen instructions and finish the installation of the printer driver.
- Connect the USB chord after you receive a prompt message to connect the USB cable between HP LaserJet 1010 printer and your computer.
- After connecting the USB cord, it will detect the HP LaserJet 1010 printer. Proceed further if everything goes well.
- You can now start printing from the e- in-all-One printer.
Hope a common issue faced while installing the HP Deskjet d5560 driver with a USB cable can be solved with the help of the above blog. For more information call our toll-free number +1-855-716-3550 or visit us at 123-hp-com-dj.com