HP Deskjet 2540 Offline windows 10 – 123.hp.com/dj3630
HP Deskjet 2540 Offline windows 10 solution
A status message of HP Deskjet 2540 Offline Windows 10 is displayed on your system when the printer does not produce any output. This error indicates that there is no existing connection between the computer and the printer. There won’t be one particular reason for the printer to go offline. This blog will give you all the possible solutions to solve this issue.
Step 1: Reset the printer connection:
This is a very simple step. All you have to do is to just reset your HP Deskjet printer and it might work just fine. Do the following
- Turn on your printer and check if the printer is working and the status of the printer (123.hp.com/dj3630).
- If your printer has started printing files that were there in the printing queue, then your printer is working properly.
- If your printer still shows offline message and does not print anything follow the below steps.
- Keeping the printer on pull the power cable from the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the main power supply on the wall.
- Wait for a minute after you do the above steps.
- Restart your computer in the meantime.
- Insert the power cord to the printer and connect it to the power supply.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power on button.
- Connect your printer and the computer.
- From the printer settings make sure the wireless signal is turned on.
- If you have connected using wired network, check the Ethernet port to the available port on the router.
- In case of USB connection make sure the connection is secure and the USB is in working connection.
- After following the above steps check if the printer is working now.
- If the printer starts printing, then the problem is solved.
- If the printer is not working then go to the next step to look for HP Deskjet 2540 Offline Windows 10
Step 2: check if a correct port is selected:
- If the printer is connected to correct port then communication between the printer and the computer will not happen and the printer will remain offline.
- Click on start and type Devices and printers and open it.
- Right click on the name of the printer and then from the drop down list box select printer properties.
- From the printer’s properties window select the ports tab, and select the name of the printer.
- If you have connected your printer using the USB connection make sure the port name includes USB or DOT4.
- Choose the correct port type used by your printer.
Following the above to methods would have solved the HP Deskjet 2540 Offline Windows 10 error message and your printer should work fine now. If the HP Deskjet 2540 Offline Windows 10 problem still exists call on out toll-free numbers +1-855-716-3550 and our customer care executives should guide you to solve the problem. For more visit us at www.123-hp-com-dj.com